Tom's 55G Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been putting in algae sheets about twice a week. Maybe I need to do more. I have a seperate 10g that I put the foxface in for now because he was basically laying down breathing very heavy and I just know he's not going to make it so I removed him from the tank. The yellow tang and 1 clown are currently in the main tank and are doing perfectly fine. My corals are excellent and the cleaner shrimp and couple snails are fine too.

I am going to wait alteast a month to make sure everything stays okay and then I will add another clown so I can have a pair.

How big is the foxface. Usually when they do that it's cause they feel cramped or he may just have really bad ich/internal parasites.

Since the beginning he was shy and always shoving himself inbetween a crevice of the rocks and just staying there. Very rarely he was about swimming with my tang.

exactly that's what I think has been happening. I saw him nip at the sheet mabye 3 times and rarely eat the bloodworms/frozen brine/mysis that I alternate. The clowns and tang were perfect. My 6 line a little while back and my royal is still MIA. I am just so stressed because I try so hard. Water changes weekly, testing weekly, topping off w/ rodi water. salinity is 1.026. THe corals are good so the water must be prestine.

I guess so, Khij. I just wanted to say thanks btw. You have been jumpin right in on my questions and giving me great advice. Hows your angler doing btw? Noticed you worked at a fish place, if you ever want to ship me some items to long island feel free lol!

That's cool. So as stated earlier the clown died and so did my fox face. He wasn't looking so good so I put him in a separate 10 g tank just so when he did die, I didn't go searching for him in the DT.

I noticed ich on my yellow tang. Hes been doing so good and didnt seem stressed at all. Im Going to remove him and temporarily place him in that 10 g that I just emptied about and treat him. Hopefully it's a good turn out he's my favorite. I bought some ich bottle treatment at the store today. It said to put 5 ml for every 10 gallons per day. Continue this for 5 weeks. The hospital tank is small I know but it's all I have right now. I hope he makes it.

That's all for now. Kind of a bummer since I've been trying so hard and now this has been stressing me out

I was over at petsmart today which is where I bought the above bottle and I saw a mesh net it's meant for a breeding basket. The measurements are about 5x5x5. I was wondering if I find a spot to hang it in my tank as silly as it may look depending, what can I put in this thing. I was thinking maybe macro algae or chaeto. Will this be worth it or any benefits? Thanks.

image-3380533396.jpg

image-4068344266.jpg

Putting chaeto in there might not look that bad and the look would be the only downside. On the upside your water would have more Oxygen and the chaeto would eat up your nitrates.... Plus idk about your lfs but we give people some in store credit if they bring in a bunch of it.

Thats what im doing. I think its working. I have my return shooting into it and i have leds over my DT.

image-3828485295.jpg

I just have chaeto in there. I have no room in my sump because my skimmer takes up the whole fuge area. The mesh of the breeder box isnt well ventilated and does collect build up so i had to tip it so that the return can provide flow in it.

so to my knowledge chaeto is just mainly used to soak up and nitrates. Does it need to be trimmed at all or anything like that.

Here's some updated pics. I can use some ids to make sure I got the right stuff but I'm pretty sure. Torch, hammer coral, pulsing Xenia attached to the monti frag, zoas, a type of brain coral, clam. Does everything look healthy ? My bubble just closed when i was cleaning the walls of algae (seems to happen the day after i top off with rodi water.) but he was looking so sexy yesterday

image-3592724076.jpg

image-1489145565.jpg

image-1335164154.jpg

image-1143505171.jpg

image-1056331791.jpg

image-362568981.jpg

image-2946386369.jpg

image-1577949846.jpg

image-2548937678.jpg

image-416479720.jpg

image-1993601190.jpg

image-3444628888.jpg

image-2032460294.jpg

image-393130324.jpg

image-4152069246.jpg

image-706865857.jpg

image-2292171647.jpg

image-3279426433.jpg

image-580943685.jpg

image-756514656.jpg

Let me know what you guys think! Current stock is 1 clown , yellow tang, 5 chromis, misc snails&hermits, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 sand sifting starfish, 2 feather dusters and a dwarf fuzzy lionfish.

Back
Top Bottom