Tom's 55G Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just bought a new 75gpd ro membrane and wrench off line for about $30. I hope this works. If not, boxed water from here on out it is. If anyone has any other opinions let me know I'm dying to add more fish, only 1 clown still , he goes by Kip.

No need to do boxed water. You have the right idea making your own RODI water. With that you can be assured of the quality and mixing your own SW you can get all the beneficial elements needed. You have the right parts for your RODI unit all you need to do is get it working correctly and maintain it. You can also always add to it (as in more stages) in the future if you find you have the need. Don't give up, you're on the right path. :)

Thanks a lot. I already replaced the 3 filters just waiting on the ro membrane to get here probably next weekend and I really hoped his fixes the issue. An empty 55 is becoming discouraging. I have faith lol.

You may already know but run your new membrane for about an hour before collecting product water.

Hard for me to see with my old eyes on a iPhone screen lol but just to clarify on your RODI filter flow should go on this order:

Incoming water goes into your first filter cartridge. Then through your second filter cartridge. Then into the RO membrane, and lastly through the DI resin.

How does the water test now? As stated above, you should definitely run it for a while before testing/using the water. I usually let it run for about an hour.

bump....
If I have a overflow box with a 1'' drain to a 10g sump with a 700gph pond/aquarium submersible pump with 3/4'' out return back to the DT would that be okay?

I would think so. Other than it being a small sump, the 1" drain and 3/4" return should be fine.

Ok perfect. I got the 700 gph pump I have the. 10 under the stand already just waiting for everything else. I'm going to try and see if I can squeeze a 20 l first but gotta check Thursday

Got the pump the other day. I'm just waiting on the filter sock and the bracket it comes with its like a hob style for the sump. Is that necessary? I just have to get the plumbing parts now. Overflow hose that goes down to sump/fuge and return line with clamps etc. also waiting for my directional u-tube return spout.

If you don't use a filter sock, you are going to get a buildup on the bottom of the sump. if you can vacuum it out every once in a while with no trouble, then you don't need the filter sock. I would rather change socks than do this. Plus, one of my sumps is on the floor and impossible to start a gravity siphon for. I would need to use a pump to suck up the detritus.

Back
Top Bottom