Tom's 55G Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys! I just fed them, it took them a little while to eat the thawed mysis shrimp but they loved the cyclo-peeze. As previously stated in 2 weeks I am going to be getting a 6 line wrasse, just gotta look for a nice fat one.

Nice fish ya got! I love the six lines. I've had one in every non predator SW tank I've owned. Great additions and tbh I've never had one that is aggressive as so many people state.

Wow. Im jealous of your clowns. I love my 6 line also. Theyre cool to watch weaving in n out the rockwork. Mine used to be pretty mean but then it mellowed out later and doesnt bother anyone. My female clown is the boss of the tank now and will head butt anyone who comes near its bubble tip. lol

my female clown had a panic attack when I was cleaning the front wall w/ the magnafloat lol. I felt bad and I was going slow to not startle her. She'll get used to it. clowns will be clowns.

If you are not participating in the SW photo of the month contest please vote for my picture #13!! Branching goniopora!

I'm getting the rest of pieces for the sump build. I think it's like 1&1/2 inch drain for the overflow box ph-100 and 3/4 return. I'm going to Home Depot now. Flexible tubing is good or should I get hard PVC or something ? The only other thing I have to do is create chambers. I'm going to go to the petco and see how much a 20 long is right now and then I guess go to a glass store and have them make me 4 pieces of glass. 1 to put after the intake drain from the over flow and then 3 more closer together to prevent bubbles?

Bought see through clear hard plastic tubing. Got all the parts needed. Now just have to figure out how to make sections in my sump tank. Currently I own a 10 g but thinking about putting a 20 long down there. Just have to take out the center brace of the stand for 30 seconds to slide the 20 in. No access to the back of tank and it doesn't fit through the doors. How do I make sections? For different chambers? I currently also have a hob reef octopus 100 Skimmer. I'd like to take it out of the DT and put it in the sump but I think it's too tall

image-4188386252.jpg

Mine was to tall also. So I put the 20 gallon long on 2x4s and it lifted it up enough to work.

good idea. i think im going to leave the skimmer in the DT though. The heater may or may not go in the sump too. I have everything connected and tested to see what would happen if there was a power outage everything was fine. when I went to plug my pump back in it wasnt working. The impeller snapped. POS pump. I can fix it, but I dont want to risk it happening again. I may just have to take the plunge and buy a mag 7. Now, I noticed that the pump was pushing too much water back to the DT, or using my eshopps ph-800 it wasnt draining quick enough. I'm not using pvc, so I assume I cant use a ball valve for the return? Or can i? I set up 2 sections, 1 for drain/sock/macro algae and the 2nd for return. ill post a pic

can't fix the impeller, it snapped. my friend may have an extra pump for me, if not I guess i'll have to get the mag7. Does this unit have a 3/4 return? Will it be sufficient for a 10g sump with the gravity overflow? Is there anyway I can install a ball valve on the return without using pvc?

I already removed my emperor 400hob filter, but the bio wheels in the sump for now with a powerhead to have consistent flow but the skimmers still running on the DT. lots of lr and ls so i should be good till this pump gets installed - whichever and whenever I get it.

on another note, was at petco, bought a tank divider for the sump to make two compartments and saw a lunar wrasse. 30$ one was about 4-5 inches and one was about 2 inches. live aquaria states 120g tank is this accurate? Thanks!

Mag 7 is 1/2" I run mine wide open no problem here's what I did

Attachments

• image-1789707220.jpg
    image-1789707220.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 88
Thanks so much for that picture -really helps me out. So even with the ball valve, you just leave it open anyway? Ill grab one and install in just incase. Thanks again man

Lunar Wrasses are active swimmers and I would think it best if they went in a larger tank than yours. Also they will eat inverts but not corals. Very cool personality fish though.

Thanks so much for that picture -really helps me out. So even with the ball valve, you just leave it open anyway? Ill grab one and install in just incase. Thanks again man

The flow is perfect, I just installed it just in case I had to adjust the flow. You will be much happier once it's up and running.

It is such a nice fish but I have feather dusters and snails/hermits/cleaner shrimp so I'm not gunna get it. Plus i just added the two clowns last week so next week im gunna get my 6 line wrasse instead. Finally got my sump done!!!!! 1 inch overflow with the eshopps ph-800 box and 3/4 return. My buddy gave me his old pump. It's about 300 gph so every 15 minutes or so it cycles the whole tank. Thats the only way it would keep up. The pos ebay 700gph broke 10 mins after i turned it on. The waterline is about 2" short in the DT so I'm mixing up sw now to add. It's a little noisy but if you stand back and close the doors for the stand its not too bad. Added a small piece of airline tubing to the filter foam in the back of the box it stopped the gurgling noise.

Back
Top Bottom