Tom's 55G Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a video on my cell but when I try and upload it to YouTube it says its too long so ill try later

I really wanna do sps. I don't know why the 2 pieces bleached. Everything else is fine.
Here's a before and after picture of 1 coral

image-132610002.jpg

image-3669508417.jpg

wow
mine did the complete opposite
img_2566284_0_86e32039249b54067d5ece8fed8a3e82.jpg

img_2566284_1_76e857889c7cc9b20e35eb0af1871996.jpg

I keep my lights about 50%
mine is almost at the top of the rocks
do you still use the egg crate top or is it open I still have the crate on mine
I also have a high current everything seems to like it
I know how hard you have been busting your butt getting your tank looking good too
so I do feel your pain
hope you get it figured out
I fired the maintenance guy working on my tanks since they were starting to look horrible , I'm sick yes but not lazy I got my tanks back up to my standards in less than 3 weeks it just takes TLC , I got my wife helping with what she can and I do my best to get the rest ,
I know you Tommy you'll get it together in no time if I can you can too and your healthy lol

Thanks for the great words. I appreciate it. I do not have the egg crates there anymore. I took them off after the goby jumped. I like the open top more now. I did order the screen, a brand new rodi unit, 10lb rubble for my sump, so I'm gonna give the top another shot. The 55 is so narrow about 12-13" deep so it's hard to make a nice looking top when I need to go around the overflow, return nozzle, and hob skimmer which I wish I never had. Want to put it in sump but its too tall. It won't sit in the water line.

Sorry to hear the bleaching Tommy. I wonder how slowly you acclimate them to your lights and how much par those LEDs put out. I have my AI fixtures on up to 95% on the blues & 90% whites at my peak period and have the green birdsnest about 20-24" below the lights and nothing bleaches.

wow
mine did the complete opposite

I keep my lights about 50%
mine is almost at the top of the rocks
do you still use the egg crate top or is it open I still have the crate on mine
I also have a high current everything seems to like it
I know how hard you have been busting your butt getting your tank looking good too
so I do feel your pain
hope you get it figured out
I fired the maintenance guy working on my tanks since they were starting to look horrible , I'm sick yes but not lazy I got my tanks back up to my standards in less than 3 weeks it just takes TLC , I got my wife helping with what she can and I do my best to get the rest ,
I know you Tommy you'll get it together in no time if I can you can too and your healthy lol

Seaweed your lights are 20" above tank? It's ok Tommy I had to turn mine down to, i bleached a couple mine were at 60/ 40 know there at 50/30 any higher everything will be on the sand.

actually I think I measured wrong my frame that the light hangs on is 20" inch above the tank
the top of tank to face of light is 16"
sorry on the mix up

I have 2 hydor 750's on each side of the tank shouldn't be too much flow. They weren't in direct flow either. I'm getting a jabeo wp25 soon from a group buy on a more local forum so that would be an upgrade and more random flow instead. I recent lost my torch too. It's one of the first corals I had. That - was mainly in direct flow though. This sucks.

I will. I'm doing a water change after work (I used to change once a month now I do every Friday) so ill post my parameters before and after here. Thanks guys. Also, going to pick up a dendro today so my stuff better be in line haha

image-1964600736.jpg

Just got my jabeo wp-25!! A member from a local forum just dropped it off for me. Can't wait to get home and hook it up!

Just finalized a deal with a member from a local forum for a 75 gallon tank and a stand! I'm picking it up on friday and if everything goes my way, the transfer will be done and complete by Saturday night.

Just finalized a deal with a member from a local forum for a 75 gallon tank and a stand! I'm picking it up on friday and if everything goes my way, the transfer will be done and complete by Saturday night.

Traitor :p

No not at all! It's just easier to grab a tank at a good price that's 10 miles away then wish and pray on here I find someone on Long Island lol.

Back
Top Bottom