Tom's 55G Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was on Vaca swung by rainforest cafe in Orlando saw the tanks I believe we're built by ATM from the show Tanked. Here's some pics I took while I was there.

image-768058416.jpg

image-1808848487.jpg

image-2472041940.jpg

image-1945312230.jpg

image-1421649136.jpg

image-955775854.jpg

image-1103627956.jpg

image-2993053278.jpg

So I can't find my Royal Gramma. I went on vaca for a week and since the day before I got home by brother couldn't find him as well. I have a HOB filter so it's not like he went down any piping. I am going to go to the LFS tomorrow and pick out another fish. What should I get thats affordable? The 1 clown died it had ich. :( so I might pick up another clown.

Are there any fish in the tank now? If not you may want to keep it without fish for 4-5 weeks. Just in case the ich is still in your tank

At petco. They have 5 blue green chromis for $3 ea. I want all 5. Can I put them in at the same time? Let me know As soon as possible I'm heading back after dinner. Also what about a bi-color angel?

It's definitely still in the tank just a matter of time before it begins to hatch its tiny eggs and search for hosts

Ich is always in a tank 24/7 from start till you tear down your tank. But your fish only get it if they're stressed.

+1 definitely in their slime coat awaiting a chance to take advantage of poor stressed out fish

It is not always active if your tank is empty now you should keep it free of fish for at least 4 weeks. Don't belive me? Get ick again

It's still in your tank after all that time and your fish will still get it if they're stressed. Just make sure your fish aren't stressed and you should be okay.

Ok thank you do much for the advice. I gotta now move my other fish to a different tank and ill let it run 4 weeks without fish. What about the lighting schedule? Does it matter since I still have some corals in there I guess keep it the same

If the fish in there are eating just keep a watch on them and leave them in. Just don't get anything else for a month or maybe a little longer. As Lin as the fish in the tank are eating they'll be fine.

yes they are eating losing my foxface though :( IDK whats going on - all the paramaters are perfect!

Back
Top Bottom