Tonys 75gl Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been reading up on miracle mud and I purchased it b/c of the elements, reports of disease control, and i want to go natural as possible.

Has anyone had any experience with it eliminating or healing HLLE in their tank?

Sweet blenny! Dang! And those slug thangs are harmless. I found a few in my tank and someone told me the name, i just forgot it. Haha

Thanks, I decided on him instead if the bi color.... And thanks for the info it came on the cheto/chalupa I just bought

Haha, yup.. Once I found out they changed color I said I gotta have it, lol

Prolly a stupid question but just wanna make sure... Macro algae is supposed to be 100% submerged when in refugium or can be

Mr. D said:
Prolly a stupid question but just wanna make sure... Macro algae is supposed to be 100% submerged when in refugium or can be

As best as can be- but it will float sometimes

Thanks guys :) and okay, I'm using some egg crate to keep it down

My starry blenny seems to be eating and coming out now but only eats the algae off my rocks like 3-5 seconds at a time... Normal or still adjusting?

I've been battling a tough one with hair algae so I bought 4more troucus(spelling) snails and have been cutting it and siphoning it with water changes. I also just started cutting my lights back 2hrs.... If I run carbon would that help also?

ehh don't stress it too much. let the CUC take care of it. your tank is brand new, you're going to be battling different types of algae for months. I wouldn't try running GFO or carbon just yet. if you're going to end up using it anyways and you feel like setting it up, go for it. but don't do it to try to kill this HA problem. it's just a new tank

I'm seeing little white bugs all over my glass. Too small to "actually" see but I see them running on the glass when my moons are on.

Are these the pods mandarins eat?

Back
Top Bottom