Tonys 75gl Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. D said:
Okay :)

Well I got a hitch hiker on this coral rock...

A black crab w/ fuzzy body and white or clear claws

Should I worry?

Can't really say without a pic, google search hitchhiker crabs and you should be able to find lists explaining the crab a picture whether it's good or bad.

I will try to snag a pic if I can catch him... I'm bringing him to the Lfs for i.d b/c I can't find him online

Cought him... Will he be fine in a cup till tomorrow or can any1 I.d him

image-573659100.jpg

What do I do with my zoas, the green ones are fading and retracting while the red ones look better then when I bought them at the LFS under LED, I have 4 bulb T5HO and the are 1/2 up the tank

Here's a pic I took last night, the green ones are still green just not as bright and closed up

image-3842274654.jpg

If they are on the same piece of rock, they could be competing with each other. All zoos don't necessarily get along together. JMO, but the other ones are way nicer anyway. :)

+1 on competition. If they weren't on the same rock (for future reference) I would move them up.

Yeah, I moved the rock and the greens still seem to be having trouble but reds still look good... I will probably pick up a frag of some bright greens sometime in the next few weeks to make up for those

Scored a deal on wrong priced fish... Mated pair or true percula clowns $40

image-293152999.jpg

Thanks :) been wanting a pair if clowns ever since I was a little kid, lol.... Finally got them!

image-3622140891.jpg

image-429447132.jpg

Thanks... Anything I should keep an eye out for as far as health of the coral

It looks good to me. Just watch it for little signs that it may not be happy. I.e. no extension, browning. If any of these happen, just move the guy around a little to a spot with a little less flow. He appears to be happy where he's at though!

Okay, I'm glad... Should I use a coral food to help growth since I'm only running a 4bulb T-5?

Mr. D said:
Okay, I'm glad... Should I use a coral food to help growth since I'm only running a 4bulb T-5?

If I started feeding would oyster feast be good, all I've herd says its great but pretty pricy

Back
Top Bottom