too much flow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishybuisness

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just set up my 55 gallon tank with a 20Long sump. im running a mag 7 return pump and two koralia powerheads..im not sure what the powerheads are rated for but i think they are at least the 800 gph series. so im thinking im pushing about 1800 GPH flow in the tank which is 36 times over...my clownfish are swimming in place hahaha

No way. I have close to 1500 gph in a 20 when my mp10 is running at the max I set it to. You're at a good flow rate there

ok cool, i just thought it was too much because my kenya trees are bent over on the sand hahahaa

You can move them till they still get flow, but not the 'caught in a hurricane' look. You have a good amount, like bribo said

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

All done!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1398654765084.jpg
    1398654765084.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 135
I think you can get a liquid level switch from mcmaster Carr that will shut off an electric device when it triggers

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

10x - 40x the tank volume per hour is pretty standard as far as flow goes. Any higher than that and I would say you are pushing the envelope a bit.

So of if personally preferred less flow o could tone it down?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom