Took the plunge - skimmer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scubasteve

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just bought a coralife super skimmer 125 off the internet for my 72gallon tank at home. 8O I cringed as i hit the buy button but I think it will be a good investment.
My question to anyone who has one of these and is using it as a hang on back skimmer, when I put my tank up I put it close to to the wall :roll: like three inches close to the wall. How far between the back of the tank and the wall do I need to cram this thing in there, I don't have a sump so that is not a option really. The way the tank is , it is kinda set up in a corner so the back and right sides are against walls.
And if I won't be able to fit it in there how big a of a challenge would it be to move the tank out from the wall. I know I could take the 60lbs of rock I have out and I was planning on doing a 30 or 40% water change to drop my nitrates down, so that would be 20-30 gallons(160-240lbs). How hard/risky is it to move this thing?

its not bad to move a tank just kind of rock/slide it very slowly. as for the skimmer I've never had that one so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom