Trumpet coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ingy

Aquarium Advice Addict
How do you feed your trumpet coral at night? All I succeed in doing is feeding my cleaner shrimp. Little pig even steals food out of the corals mouths.

Because of the way you said feeding at night I just wanna make sure your not talking about sun coral right?

My trumpet extends its feeder tentacles every night. I have never fed it and it is doing great. Not much growth but I have only had it for a couple months.

Pretty sure it's a trumpet coral. It's doing great too with a few head splits already. I was just trying to provide the additional weekly supplement Liveaquaria mentions. No luck tho and I know that's ok. I was just wondering if anybody did have any techniques to feed them.

Attachments

• image-3754931070.jpg
    image-3754931070.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 72
Oh okay. Yeah just good lighting. If you want it to grow faster some things you can try are feed some cyclopeeze with your food, get some coral food such as coralsnow or coral-vite, just feed everyone till they're full then put a piece of mysis on the middle of they're polyp. They don't need to feed at night. The tentacles will come out when they sense food near by

If they put them out, cool. If not, it isn't that big of a deal. I have one in my reef that I literally thought was a goner. It was bleached and I thought it was beyond the point of return. Somehow it came back and always has the feeder tentacles out, night or day, and I have never fed it directly.

I put some mysis in the tank and the tentacles come out. I give it a squirt of mysis and thy eat it up!!
Healthy and splitting!!

Back
Top Bottom