Trying to start i need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Italy592

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm a noob at saltwater but have freshwater for almost 5 years and I wanted to know what tips and tricks and advice anyone can give me !!!! I want to start at 55 or 75 and I want to have a reef tank but if any opinions or advice from anyone please would be greatly appreciated because I want to learn all I can !!

Wow! Now that is a broad and all encompassing question! :)

I would do a few google searches on the following topics:

Benefits of partial water changes in reef aquaria

RODI water in the reef aquarium

How live rock works as a filter

I would start with these searches and go from there. These helped me along with looking up Carey's 125g build thread on this forum. This thread helped me immensely!!

As far as the tank, I would go with the 75g as it is only a few inches wider than the 55, but you will thank me layer!

Hang in there and I'm sure others will chime in as well...

I'm a noob at saltwater but have freshwater for almost 5 years and I wanted to know what tips and tricks and advice anyone can give me !!!! I want to start at 55 or 75 and I want to have a reef tank but if any opinions or advice from anyone please would be greatly appreciated because I want to learn all I can !!

the best advice I can give is to make sure you read every stickie above this post.
Get the 75, you'll regret the 55 if you get it since the $$ difference is nominal. if you can afford it get the 90 instead as it's just more room. the bigger the easier it is to maintain(but the more it costs to maintain & setup) Also, don't skimp on equipment.

All is summed up simply by bigger is better. You can make an error in a large tank and not notice...but make the same one in a smaller tank and lose all your livestock.

A start is to read the SW articles on this website. It's a great way to learn the basics. From there you can research/ask more detailed questions.

Back
Top Bottom