Turbo Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kempker1498

Aquarium Advice Regular
Recently purchased some turbo snails for my first clean up crew...well I came home, drip acclimated them and put them in the tank. Thirty snails sat in the sand bed and didnt move! So I though maybe I got a bad batch...called the owner of the LFS explained the issue to him, and he happily replaced them like a the awesome store owner he is! Get the new batch home, drip acclimate them, set them in various spots thought the tank and a day in a half later NONE OF THEM HAVE MOVED AGAIN!!

Checked all my water levels..and they are spot on. HELP please!!

Andrew

There are really a good they will cover a lot I'm time I bad one that just would not move for a week when I got it I had to look ever day to see if it was still alive

Sometimes mine won't move for a day or so. I wouldn't worry about it too much yet. You have 30 turbos? How big is your tank?

"first" clean up crew and 30 turbos isn't a good fit. That's way too many, regardless of the size of your tank I'd venture to say. Even for the small turbos.

Kempker1498 said:
:( .... Just went off the suggestion of the owner at my LFS.

Well there's your first mistake lol. Turbos are funny in that if there's not enough food for them, not just a few will starve and the population will balance itself, they will all die. Depending how big your tank is you may want to keep 2 or so and return the rest. I have 2 in my 75gallon, could probably do 1 more.

I would just give them some time and see what happens. :)

I would also consider returning a few. I happen to have 5 in my 34g, but sometimes I put in algae sheets to make sure they have enough food. :-D

Kempker1498 said:
:( .... Just went off the suggestion of the owner at my LFS.

Ya for more LCD will just tell so they can sell it to you 30 is way to many in my new 200 I will be setting up I going to have like 7 and and many different kind for a clean up it will add to your tank by the way what size is your tank

They're also bulldozers lol. Any coral that isn't glued or epoxied to your LR will at some point be toppled by them. Worth it in my book, they are very efficient cleaners.

Back
Top Bottom