Ultimate pod safe-haven - foam filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gatorfreak

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I discovered by accident that a foam filter, if left just sitting in your tank, is a great pod safe-haven. Mine is just loaded with pods. I took it off my Mag7 pump and was too lazy to deal with cleaning it so I just threw in the sump and forgot about it. Pods are just crawling all through it.

For those with mandarins (like myself) maybe having a block of this foam hidden in the back where you can't see it would be good for maintaining the pod population.

Maybe everyone knew about this already but I've never read anything of the sort.

You know those foam blocks that they put into sumps or wet/dry filters? Its kinda hard and comes in a square? Would that work? Seems like it would.

These do work. I've been revolving them from my fuge to my main. I'll keep a block in the fuge for a month, then switch it to my tank under a pile of rubble rock, and put another in my fuge.

It's probably a good idea to rinse it in old tank water before cycling it back to your fuge so you don't leech nitrate back into the water.

Back
Top Bottom