Un5tab1e's first reef adventure.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It goes back in a hole. I can see about a 1/2 inch tube. There are several of them in the rock. I watched them through the cycle.

Listen to sniper, if he says bad then hes 99.99999% right.

To be honest when i first started i bought margaritas, i still have one but the other 2 died.

uploadfromtaptalk1410217054776.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410217078652.jpg little better pic....oh I do believe him. I just didn't think those would of survived the cycle and the only places I've ever seen them is hanging out of a hole. I thought it was a tube worm. Going to try lemon on them

Majano I believe...what's the remedy? Lemon juice to the face

BOILING lemon juice. Right down the kisser. If it doesn't work for you, then aiptasia-x. Love the stuff. Even got to do a throw back to when I was first starting out when I nuked one that showed up in my tank a couple of weeks ago. It is joyous.

And it isn't THAT extreme...just know the run of the mill stuff when it shows up. Takes practice.

Last edited:

To be honest when i first started i bought margaritas, i still have one but the other 2 died.

Nah guys sniper is almost always wrong.. The guy can't even keep clams or grow birdsnest or anything ;)... Jk if you didn't get it.

Snipers pretty great I would take his word over mine any day.

Ordered my first zoas today. 10+ polyps each of fire and ice and blue eyed monster.

And the anemone killing went ok..boiling lemon juice did the trick.

Thanks...I checked some sights trying to find the type but, no luck. I appreciate the advice.

A question about lighting. I've seen people say get both sides to 100..then I've seen people say the total of each side should equal 100. Does it matter ?

yeah theres tonnes of kinds of macros, all tend to be good. I mean if you dont like it chuck it in the fuge and itll remove some nutrients without really being in the DT. To be honest i love macro algae and thats why my pico is going to be all macros.

yeah theres tonnes of kinds of macros, all tend to be good. I mean if you dont like it chuck it in the fuge and itll remove some nutrients without really being in the DT. To be honest i love macro algae and thats why my pico is going to be all macros.

When you say tonnes do you mean tons?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks...I checked some sights trying to find the type but, no luck. I appreciate the advice.

A question about lighting. I've seen people say get both sides to 100..then I've seen people say the total of each side should equal 100. Does it matter ?
Depends on what coral your keeping. I would do 50% white and the amount of blue for your liking.

I like the way it looks. May have to take some out eventually. Its sprouting up everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom