Un5tab1e's first reef adventure.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New additions. This will be all other than coral and a shrimp. Unless I find a goby local.uploadfromtaptalk1410642761552.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410642789317.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410642805467.jpg

So I'm sitting here and see a clown go flying across my tank from my jeboa. It's dead now..both where healthy an hour ago when I turned the lights on. Could the powerhead pressure of killed it?

How are your water test results?
Clowns are pretty resilient little guys, I'd suspect ammonia.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Everything is good. It's tail was a little rough when I purchased. I thought it was just nipped. Maybe it had a problem.

Sorry ..ammonia 0, trites 0 and trates are 5. This is on an api master test. I did a 10 gallon water change yesterday. The only thing I've done this morning besides test was a little lemon juice for a majano. I tested after. The fish had a little jagged tail and under blue light it looked like it's tail was peeling. Both clowns had way appeared to be a fungal/bacterial growth on their bottom lips. I read good water parameter would clear that up and it wasn't really dangerous. The other 3 fish in the tank are swimming around normally.

Sorry ..ammonia 0, trites 0 and trates are 5. This is on an api master test. I did a 10 gallon water change yesterday. The only thing I've done this morning besides test was a little lemon juice for a majano. I tested after. The fish had a little jagged tail and under blue light it looked like it's tail was peeling. Both clowns had way appeared to be a fungal/bacterial growth on their bottom lips. I read good water parameter would clear that up and it wasn't really dangerous. The other 3 fish in the tank are swimming around normally.

No it's not a problem don't be sorry, it's just easier this way :).

It sounds to me like they were just sick from the LFS. Do you have any pictures of the fungus?

I couldn't get a pic. Just looks like a piece of brine shrimp stuck to it's bottom lip. The remaing clown looks ok. Nice tail,fins, and what little it had around it's mouth is gone.

Just struck me as odd. The clown was swimming with the other one minute and dead the next. Within 10 minutes time. No struggle or gasping. Just death.

He got so excited about his new home, he had a heart attack lol

I have a lot of dead macro and other various particles littering my sandbed. Is it ok to net it out and clean it up, or should I just let it be and not disturb the bb in the sand?

I have a lot of dead macro and other various particles littering my sandbed. Is it ok to net it out and clean it up, or should I just let it be and not disturb the bb in the sand?

I would siphon it up if you can. If not try not to disturb the deep part of the sand bed. The top part is ok.

Did you just do a fishless cycle with the dying debris off your live rock or did you add ammonia?

I did a live rock cycle letting the die off get the ammonia spiked. Then after I got everything to 0 except nitrates I dosed once to make sure it would be gone in a day.

Come home now and find the other clown fish 's tail is torn and it has white on its lips. I don't know what to do. It has to be the yellow tail damsel biting the tail. Even though it's a lot smaller.

Those damsels can be little jerks. At work we have to spread them out all over the store to be by themselves. Yellowtails are bad but the fijis are the worst. I'll never put one in my tank.

I have to say I have never caught it being bad...the firefish hasn't been bothered at all. Only other thing in my tank is a few hermits and snails.

I don't think so. It progressed pretty quickly. Set up a hospital tank last night and hopefully I can catch it this evening.

Back
Top Bottom