Update on My First Saltwater Tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hypostomus

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is basically being relayed to me from home while I'm at school.

Our algae has not gotten any worse since my mother went through and got it off of most everything. We have a bigger algae-eating crew hanging around and we got in our Caulerpa macroalgae, and apparently it looks pretty nice.

Our cleaner shrimp molted and apparently scared my Mom to death because I forgot to tell her that they did that (she just saw his shell lying on the bottom). He's her favorite part of the entire tank. He (or she, I guess) hid for a day and then came back out, active as ever.

Our pearl bubble coral was apparently closing up a little for an unknown reason (water parameters checked out fine), so my Mom moved it up front and now it looks better. She also added a piece of cured liverock (I think she said it was Tahimi liverock?) with some sort of small coral on it as well as what the LFS thought might be a sea cucumber, but no one's really sure I guess. Unfortunately they don't have a digital camera at home so they couldn't send me any pictures.

Our red mushroom rock already has three new mushrooms on it (the rock has been in the tank for about three weeks now). The other red mushrooms are growing constantly, as is the elephant-ear mushroom. The torch coral we have is also healthy.

And finally, what makes me happiest is our weird clownfish has finally decided to start swimming around instead of just swimming around at the surface. Apparently he really likes the Caulerpa.

Going pretty well so far. We have an order of hermit crab shells for our blue-legs coming in this week. Mom says everybody (especially the cleaner shrimp) loves the Cyclop-Eeze she bought for them. =)

Can't wait to see what it looks like when I get home in a month or so.

thumbs.gif
thumbs.gif

Back
Top Bottom