Upgrading have questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cirzoke

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello currently i have a 29g reef tank set up atm. My wife decided ti get me a 90g tank to upgrade to for Christmas, yay early Christmas, and at the same time a friend gave us a 75g tank. With that in mind i plan to do one a fowlr. And the other a reef, just wondering which you would chose to do the reef with and which you would do fowlr if you had both.

The fowlr would be best in the 90 since it will have a larger bioload giving you an extra 15 gallons. I would put the reef in the 75 because it is the same footprint but a shallower tank meaning less light needed to penetrate to the bottom. Also most reefs are stocked a lot lighter so smaller body of water is fine. Welcome to AA and hope I was of some help :)

That's how i was leaning in my thoughts what kind of lighting would you recommend for a 75g reef?

Well I'm still using t5s which I would put a 6-8 bulb over a 75 but my next tank I'm more then likely gonna go the LED route since it seems in the last year they finally made that jump to actually being worth the cost. You can find LED panels around $150+ (lights 2'x2' area so you would need 2)

Needing some help with a stocking list for the 75g reef tank now, any thoughts? Also has anyone tried the JBJ Oceanstream with 2 1600gph powerheads? I've been considering them but would like some input on them first.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom