urgent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok guys im ordering a yellow tang a blue dot puffer and a midsa blenny is there one type of food i can give them like a blended food for herbivores and omnivore and if there is can you tell me what it is called and hopefully Dr foster and smith have it or can you just tell me what kinds of foods i can get for them thanks JEster i really want to order today

Well for the fish you describe they all have some unique dietariy needs. For example the tang will be most happy with a more vegitarian diet with occasional meaty supplments. The puffer is more likly the opposite (I have not kept that puffer so I cant say for sure but I do belive puffers as a whole like more meaty foods).

curious jester why you think is sucks that ya cant feed them all one thing !! kinda lost for words on that comment !! as for the tang and the nori that can be a pain but if your good about putting it in the tank for him at all times you will find that you will have one healthy tang out of the deal !! now mine for some reason loves to eat from the bottom of the clip out which then leaves big pieces to come lose but other than that no biggy

i just said it sucks cause it would be easier if i could feed them once a day with one food like a blend and i dont trust my girlfriend to feed them when im not home but it is no big deal just a bad choice of words thanks for all the info guys

jester said:
i just said it sucks cause it would be easier if i could feed them once a day with one food like a blend and i dont trust my girlfriend to feed them when im not home but it is no big deal just a bad choice of words thanks for all the info guys

the tang will want too be always feeding on some thing, the puffer might be fine with 1 or 2 feedings but if its hungary it will just try eating your other fish, i know what you mean about the g/f not feeding them right thats why i put a certain amout of food into a bag in the freezer so she cant mess it up, mabey try that.

ya thats what i was thinking can someone give me some good brands of food and like the actual food u guys feed yours i am brand new to this and i want to get the right food for every fish and make sure i start off right thanks again guys this place is great

omega one makes good flake foods my yellow tang liked them it ate mysis shrimp and brine shrimp, julian sprungs sea veggies(green sea weed) i never had a puffer but im sure it would eat what i feed my trigger, he gets squid, octopus, frozen krill, frozen/live mysis shrimp, frozen brine shrimp, hermit crabs, what ever snail is on sale at my lfs and scallopes it also eats the sea veggies

I feed all my fish blender mush, including my tangs. I also put a small algae sheet in every other day. (I alternate between Sea Veggies and Nori) When ever I cook seafood, which is about twice a week, I chop upa few pieces of shrimp/scallops/fish/etc a toss it in.

Back
Top Bottom