used live sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they do but from the canadian website and stores it is a rip of, you're better of goign to petsmart and getting it there, it is almost half the price

Ok thxs didn't think they would have it there

I went to the local fish store today and all there sand was live :( and way over price I also went online and shipping is way to much :(so going to have to use the used sand would this end up killing any thing or get bad alge because the sand in my tank is only 7 months old and the sand down stairs is about 1-2 years old

Have you considered using pool filter sand? I am using it in my 125g and it's 50lbs for like $6

Just a thought....:)

The sand that's 1-2 years is dry and thxs for the idea I'll look up on pool filter sand

if its dry then don't worry abotu it, rinse it off well and thats all, the bacteria is already dead and dried out, you could cycle it in a seperate container if you'd liek this way to can make it live and then have no worries once you add it to your system

Thank you that's lot of stress off my back I guess I can start my tank this weekend :)I'll probley add it to the tank then add the 40 ibs and let it fully cycle

Back
Top Bottom