Vanishing Firefish ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I added a pair of Firefish last night and they seemed to acclimate well. They were swimming all over the tank together.

Got into the office this morning and there is no Firefish to be found anywhere. :? There is nothing in the tank but a few small community fish so the Firefish weren't eaten. Not in the filters and not on the floor outside the tank. They never came out to eat, if they were hiding.

Could they be buried in the LR somewhere or under the sand? Is that something Firefish do? I'm not striping the tank apart looking but they sure seem to be GONE - as in vanished. 8O

I had one til yesterday night... when it decided to jump out of the tank... despite my eggcrate and canopy. Do you have a cover on that tank? If you don't... you will probably find their remainings on the floor soon :/ If you do, maybe they are just hiding. Mine hid for 4 days when i introduced my anthias into the tank. I thought it was gone then the 5th day it came out for like 5 secs to get 1 pellet. Firefish is the "wussi-est" of all fish IME XD

my firefish is quite the hider i can go days with out seeing him give the floor a good look if theirs nothing there probably hiding

You guys were right.

Even though I looked into every viewable nook & cranny without seeing them, one just came out of no where and took a quick lap around the tank. Within a few seconds he was gone and hasn't been seen again. SW is quite the learning experience.

Funny thing was that I even took my powerhead apart to see if maybe it made chum out of them. No Firefish but there was evidence of a destroyed snail. DARN - I just bought those suckers. I'll have to find a small prefilter for that thing. The AC prefilter is too BIG & ugly.

Back
Top Bottom