Walmart Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjh302

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I have not gotten an RO/DI system yet so I need to buy 20 gallons from Walmart. Should I use distilled water or their drinking water which on the label it states that it is purified using reverse osmosis?

Ok I have not gotten an RO/DI system yet so I need to buy 20 gallons from Walmart. Should I use distilled water or their drinking water which on the label it states that it is purified using reverse osmosis?

I use the distilled on my reef without major issues. It is better, but not the best like you already understand.

The distilled water is .97 cents per gallon. The water filter machine of the pic I posted is .30 cents a gallon

Is that from an in store ro/di machine? It can be better, depends on when filters and such get changed. I've heard of people being successful using them, but others that have sparked issues by being blind to filters not being changed often.

It's an in store machine. Which do you think I would be better off with?

Last edited by a moderator:
Like stated, would depend when the filters were changed. Grabbing 20 gallons is easier. You can fit 15 easily in the bottom of a walmart cart... Not that I pay that close of attention to it...

Lol. How would I test the water machine water to check the quality?

Will this one work or do I need something with more bells and whistles?

HM Digital TDS-3 Handheld TDS Meter With Carrying Case, 0 - 9990 ppm TDS Measurement Range, 1 ppm Resolution, +/- 2% Readout Accuracy
http://amzn.com/B000VTQM70

20 bucks a week in water is kinda expensive tho. Lol

I use "purified" water from Publix, the local grocery. It runs me 64 cents a gallon, works perfectly. I can't wait to buy my own RODI, but had to buy new led lights, a few new fish, etc. ate up my budget.

Back
Top Bottom