want to get some corals....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevefromga2000

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey everybody, it's been a while since i've been on here, got busy with school and everything, but i have a new question. i want to get into some corals here soon. i am getting ready to go to the desert, so it's going to be a project i start when i come back, but i wanted to ask now. i currently have a 39 gallon tank with about 60 lbs of live rock, 4 chromis, 1 coral beauty, about 25 snails, remora skimmer, coralife uv sterilizer, and i just order a new lighting setup. it's the
36 inch Current USA Nova Extreme 4x39W T5HO with 3 Lunar Lights
found on marinedepot.com. i am going to place the lighting on stands and remove the glass from my tank on top, so i'm not sure how high to put the lighting. anyways, any starting tips on what i should look at would be useful. everybody always helped me a lot when i got started, so i have faith that you all can help me again.

Your lights should allow for some mushrooms, ricordia, and other lower light lps corals. The coral beauty may or may not be a problem. They can be nippers. I have not had a problem with mine (yet).

I`m one that did have a problem with mine nipping corals. Had to tear the tank apart getting him. Some do and some dont. I had mine for 4 yrs before he decided to start nipping.

how about an anenome? would this be enough light to get one? i'll do some more research about the corals and stuff just in case. i like my beauty, but i don't want to just buy him some expensive snacks. lol

Anenome`s need a mature stable tank. At least 6-9 months old. You`ll need a plan in case your CB goes bad.

Back
Top Bottom