want to Try a Closed loop system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jedihunter

Aquarium Advice Regular
I hate the power head's cords so im want to go a oceanmotion solution.

I Dont Have any coral nor invert. only a few feather dusters that came with my LR,

A Supreme Mag-Drive 3600 Pond Master Water Pump could do the job?

I want a 4 way solution. would it be too much flow?

any ideas will be great!!

JH

Too much flow? NA. ;)

That is a heck of a pump though.

A four way solution can either be done with just PVC or you could add two SQWD devices in the mix to cause water to alternate between the outputs.

Since a closed loop has the line from the tank going directly into your pumps inlet you would probably be best i fyou had the tank drilled and installed a bulkhead somewhere below the water line. This will be your pumps intake. You should put some kind of intake screen on it so as to not suck up any inverts or rouge fish. There are a few ways you can split into 4 on the outlet side. You could create a manafold by using three T fittings and 1 90 elbow on the end and then you could put ball valves on each of the four outlets so you can balance the flow between them. You could use 1 T fitting and if you can find a pair of Y fittings you could go that route aswell.

Install a true union fitting on the pump intake and on the pump outlet and then install a ball valve just before the true union on the intake side and just after the union on the outlet side. This will allow you to isolate the pump should you need to remove it for service.

Back
Top Bottom