Wanting a new coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mckitrick

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 1 ocelleris clown and that is it what kinda lighting would I need the tank is pretty small and I got plenty of room for a coral all I got is a tank light from Walmart it is pretty bright. Also what is the best beginner coral? Also (feel dumb asking) do corals eat cause after all they are alive

Well, how many gallons is it, what is your budget for lighting, and do you have any ideas of lighting? LEDs, MH, T5 HO, T5..any of these work, but I'd suggest LEDs or T5 HO (cheaper). Beginner corals would be zoas, mushrooms, softies/leathers, and some LPS (large polyp stony..type of hard coral)..pretty much anything but SPS. If you have high enough lighting and flow, montiporas are easy to keep. Corals have a symbiotic relationship with zooxanthelles, a type of algae. They are animals, but not plants even though they, in some way, carry out photosynthesis (not the coral itself, but the algae which feeds the coral). You won't need to feed the corals, but spot feeding some frozen food twice a week to LPS coral makes them grow faster.

Someone else from KS! lol I live in Junction.

t5s seems like your best bet with that price range. I ordered a Odyssea T5 set for my 20 gallon for 50 bucks. From what Ive read and read and read, lighting makes all the difference in a reef tank.

Look on CL might be able to find someone with a extra light or someone tearing down their tank.

Finally another Kansan I live in Cunningham east of Pratt and northeast of huch I think

Anyway back to fish that sounds good and a good price

Back
Top Bottom