Wanting to frag!!! Need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a medium piece of Kenya tree coral and i want to start fragging it so I can spread it out in the 55 I'm going to convert it to. Problem is idk how to frag this coral at all how should I go about doing this??? Please help

Cut pieces off with a pair of scissors and put them where you want them. frankly, This coral will be everywhere eventually,so no need to frag it. If it's under decent flow, it will lose the tops of it's branches and they will float to new spots.

Yeah when I first introduced it to the tank it split off about 6 small frags and they're all starting to get bigger but I need some slightly bigger ones as I'm starting a 90gal here soon and want some to be in there too

depending on the size of the kenya all you need to do is snip off a piece the size you want than take a small rock place it on the rock wrap a rubber band around it it will attach pretty fast

Alright sweet thanks guys there are a few branches that are getting kind of close to a nem I have sitting fairly close to it so I'm going to snip those and place them

This coral will be every where just like mr_x sad I have it in my 30 gallon and left to its own it will take over the tank . 1/4 of my tank had it and I will not put it in my 75 I just got up and running

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

as long as he keeps it trimmed back it will be ok , just like any thing if its not kept trimmed it grows and spreads

Well I was gonna frag it and let it grow so I can take it to local fish stores around my town and sell it

Sent from my MT2L03 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom