Was it a bad idea getting a Condy anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was it a bad idea getting a Condy anemone? I have a 50 gallon tank and I don't know what I was thinking. I want to have corals too. Is it possible to have both?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

2 months but I bought it used it was a year or more old. I kept the live rock and bought new sand.

Ya pretty early for a condi, but I made the same mistake:) I failed with my first, but have had my 2nd for 4 months now!

How long did he live? I'm hearing if they are not happy they can sting everything in your tank.

I think the concern is the Anenome dieing and releasing a toxin in the water killing fish! My first lasted a day before floating into a powerhead:(

I'll keep a eye out on mine. I have had him for 1 week. He seems happy. I have fed him a couple times with a piece of shrimp. He hangs out in the rocks. He has gotten very close to my kenya tree. I don't think he stung it, it's still alive.

Xenia doesn't show any damage from the nem, also it grows so fast it's not a problem anyway!

Well of the anemones the condylactis is the hardiest so he might make it in a newer tank. The problem, as you pointed out, is they do move a lot even in established tanks, and they usually do not host clownfish. I had one and ended up taking it back because it would always float around and get stuck on the ph.

I'm going to watch it for a while. I bought 4 frags this weekend. 1 xenia, zoa, dasiy polyps, and one other not to sure what it is. I think I got a good deal all for $30.00.
usy7asyr.jpg
zepysete.jpg
gybupyze.jpg

I too have a Condy and play the musical corals game. It took 3 laps around my 180 gallon DT before it found a home rock. Mine seams to stay in contact with my xenia. On the plus side my Clarkie Clowns do host it occasionally. Good luck!

I too have a Condy and play the musical corals game. It took 3 laps around my 180 gallon DT before it found a home rock. Mine seams to stay in contact with my xenia. On the plus side my Clarkie Clowns do host it occasionally. Good luck!

This is mine all puffed up and being obnoxious today. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398030079.059264.jpg

Just took this picture. I had to move a frag out of his way. Stinker!

Attachments

• 1398031420088.jpg
    1398031420088.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 143
Today I think my anemone pooped. I thought it ate a fish but all fish were accounted for. It was a little bit of brown stuff by its mouth. Not slimy. I'm thinking he is looking happy. I have had my anemone for 10 days now.

Attachments

• 1398314850322.jpg
    1398314850322.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 116
Well the latest news, my protein skimmer died. It was not the greatest. It was from sc aquariums. I got it with the tank. Tonight we are going to pick one up at the lfs. It's a eshops s120. I tried to find a bubble magus 5. Every one on line is sold out unless I want to order from China.

Got the skimmer hooked up and in my tank. I have it turned all the way up and the bubbles are not reaching the collection cup. Is this what you call breaking it in? Will the bubbles eventually make it to the collection cup?

Back
Top Bottom