Water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bully

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to keeping marine fish but have kept tropical for a number of years and seem to be doing quite well with them. I bought a small marine setup from a mate of mine last week and he came round and got it all up and running for me and everything is going well with it. He said i should do a 10% water change weekly and it's getting towards needing the first one but i can't remember what ratio of saltwater and RO to use. I've got 25ltr drum of saltwater and about 5 ltr's of RO but i can't remember how much of which one to use and i don't want to get it wrong.

Any help on this would be fantastic as i love nothing more than just sitting watching them swim around without a care in the world

You'll have to use your refractometer/hydrometer to measure the salinity level. It should be between 1.023-1.026. I usually keep mine at 1.025 because it's closer to the salinity level of actual sea water which is 1.026.

Just pour the salt in the water a little at a time and keep testing for the salinity level until you see it's between those numbers i gave you.

You'll have to use your refractometer/hydrometer to measure the salinity level. It should be between 1.023-1.026. I usually keep mine at 1.025 because it's closer to the salinity level of actual sea water which is 1.026.

Just pour the salt in the water a little at a time and keep testing for the salinity level until you see it's between those numbers i gave you.

Thanks for the speedy reply

I just don't want to balls it up as i'm hoping to get planning permission from the wife to get a nice corner tank for marine.

Is there any other advice you could offer on the subject?

Well.. not really lol. What else would you like to know? Just ask away and we'll do what we can to answer. :)

Back
Top Bottom