water change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosted_msp

Aquarium Advice Regular
Started my cycle thursday. Then Added live rock in on day 2. Even after cleaning/ rinsing the rock before, my water is green. You could see it leaching out of the pores of the rock as it sat. Should I just let it go until I'm finished cycling? Or change some now.

Started my cycle thursday. Then Added live rock in on day 2. Even after cleaning/ rinsing the rock before, my water is green. You could see it leaching out of the pores of the rock as it sat. Should I just let it go until I'm finished cycling? Or change some now.

A pic would be good :D but... Under the circumstances I'd 1.) check parameters and then if things are outta whack do a water change or 2.) just go for it and do a 50% water change.

The phone app wont let me upload a pic without crashing. But ph- 8.1 (between 8 and 8.2 color on the API test card. Amm- .5 ppm. Nitrite - 5 ppm and nitrate - 5 ppm. I know I shouldn't be seeing nitrates or nitrites this soon should I?

90 lb of uncured live rock ( ordered way to much but oh well.

This will make the third full day the .Lights have been off. I Can tell a little bit of difference. I thibk mainly do to my Skimmer finally kicking in. I have Had to empty the collection cup almost every night ( still skimming a little wet though)

Back
Top Bottom