Water change question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ssky

Aquarium Advice Regular
Question about water changes. I have a 45 gallon fowlr tank and I am planning a 5 gallon water changes every two weeks. Question is should I go through the pains of preheating the water to match the display tank or not.

Just use a powerhead when you mix. I do 5 out of my 20 gallon every week an the pump heats it up enough. I've never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I do have a pond pump in my 20 gallon mixing barrel that i leave running for a few hours to mix and aerate water. I think it should do it

Sent from my ME302C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I do 50 gallons on a 300 gallon system and don't heat the water. I use a mag 7 to circulate it overnight, and it's usually hotter than the tank water when i do the change. It doesn't change the temp at all.

Great. Thanks guys for clearing it up. I do have a plan to buy a spare heater later on (still recovering from my initial expenses :)). I will be able to use it just in case.

Sent from my ME302C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I heat my water but only because I have it being made outside and even in florida we get some cold nights. lol I aim for a few degrees either way, as MrX said, it usually doesnt change the tanks temp much if at all. Especially since you are doing small changes I doubt you will see any change at all.

In Michigan water really gets cold. I think it is around 68-70. I may have to get the reading from my ro water bucket..

Back
Top Bottom