Water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gavinhw

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my tank for 6 months now and I was wondering what is the best way to do the water changes?

I have been changing out 10% every two weeks. I was wondering if this was a good percentage to be taking out?

When suctioning out the bottom should I just suction out the very top of the sand or should I get down in the sand to make sure that I get all of the fish waste?

Should I move my rocks to make sure I clean everywhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What size tank? If you update your "my info" with tank size/equip/critters, that would help us all.

When suctioning out the bottom should I just suction out the very top of the sand or should I get down in the sand to make sure that I get all of the fish waste?

Some just suction the top a little. What kind of clean-up crew do you have?

Should I move my rocks to make sure I clean everywhere?

I don't believe you will need to do that....Other's opinions should be considered as well.....

You don't want to clean the SB deep, doing this can release some gases that form. You can clean the top if you want but most have a clean up crew so we don't have to do it.
You don't want to take the LR out either. Sucking stuff off the lr is fine if you want to clean it that way.

doing this can release some gases that form.

O, sorry, I forgot to say that. Thanks sea!

I agree, the clean up crew, if sufficient, should keep this to a min.

Back
Top Bottom