Water Changing tips??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

two11devan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am a newbie to this hobby. I was wondering if anyone would like to share any tips for doing water changes. How often you do them and what methods seem to work best for you (ie. how to remove the water, what you mix new water in....anything like that or any little tips that the pros use!). see my info for tank information. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! :lol:

Lemme get this straight...you can set up a hose and a power head will pump the water out of the tank and take it wherever you wanna put the other end of the hose? I was thinking of the good ole siphon. One end in the tank, and the other below it into a bucket.....but the other way sounds much easier. How much do those power heads run for? And as far as thr R/O water....It can be home made? how? Thanks for all your help....I well get his down sooner or later! :lol:

I was thinking of the good ole siphon. One end in the tank, and the other below it into a bucket

You can do it that way...but it's old school ;)

Depending on how far/high you have to pump the water the pump could get expensive, but typically a 20-25 dollar maxi jet pump is sufficient. If you have an RO/DI water filter, yes it can be made at home rather easily ;)

Back
Top Bottom