Water in finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shawnjohn686

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well got water in my tank today. starting off with dead rock and sand on my second tank. Now to decide on what way to cycle this tank. What's your guy's best way to cycle a tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am currently doing the same thing. I am using pure ammonia. Others will tell you shrimp. Your preference!

If this is your second tank and you still have first you could just pull cycled media or LR?
This with an ammonia source would "speed things up" if that is possible.
Otherwise ammonia (pure ) or shrimp in a stocking your choice.
Nice set up!

Was thinking that but I did have flat worms 5 months ago looks like I killed them all but u never know. Trying to keep any bad stuff out the best I can 3 years now with my 30 gallon up only had them that I know of so not to bad

Red planaria? They are built up to be horrible, but their populations rise and fall with their available food supply. You could hit the tank with flatworm exit after you add the new rock- a spike if any wouldn't hurt, because there's nothing to hurt.

I used the flatworm x and then had to do it again a few weeks later now I have not seen any in a long time just want to be safe

Skimmer on or off well cycling?

I wouldn't be trying to remove any organic material from this tank until the cycle is over. No water changes, and no skimmer. if you want to run the skimmer, run it wide open just to aerate the water.

How long to keep the shrimp in the tank ? not much left of them anyway

Back
Top Bottom