Water is white powder like and glass also!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:sad:Hi all!

I started a 55 gl. Saltwater aquarium/reef in September, I got the advised of my local store to start it, I had a Powder Brown Tang, 5 Chromies, 2 Clowns a yellow tang, 2 crabs, 2 red shrimps, several stars and others. I said had because I found all dead today, it all started with the Powder Brown Tang, he got ich. I replaced about 50% of the water check evertyhing and was perfect, I checked this morning again an the sam. Fish were not eating normally, I thought stressed for what happened to Powder Brown... :sad: it looks theres something else, found my tank covered in white powder like, water is like if the sand was moved and is all over the water, glass is covered w/white film, corals are getting black...any recommendation?

Your LFS really did you wrong. I would not visit that guy again. This is what you need to do.

1) Cycle your tank Cycle your salt tank

2) Add fish slowly to your tank. One at a time. With your tank not cycled plus a large bioload added your fish died of ammonia poisoning. It was a brutal death for them. Read our articles for good info on how to proceed.

Back
Top Bottom