Water parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquinn425

Aquarium Advice Activist
55 gallon started 4 weeks ago today. We have live sand, live rock, and an external power filter. Powerheads are on. Table shrimp in the tank as well. Tested the parameters today::
Ph 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0

Ready for fish?!?!

Have you done a big water change? It's a little odd to have 0 nitrates after a cycle. If you have then I would say you are ready for fish!

It is Very weird not having any nitrates at all .
I'm thinking the ammonia source was removed too soon and the cycle didn't have a chance to finish,
Or after the cycle finished the tank sat empty with no ammonia source ( live stock )
A little more information is needed .
How long was it set up for ?
How long did it take to cycle ?
What method did you use ?
Do you remember your parameters levels during the cycle ?

I used a table shrimp for ammonia and actually still have it in the tank. I thought nitrates were supposed to be low as possible so I'm not sure what the big deal is that it's 0?? Again, the tank has been going for a month now.

Nitrates will be high and amonia and nitrites should have been zero at the end of the cycle. If your parameters looked like that, when you did the water change, then you are good. If you never had nitrates, something is off.

Ok. The last nitrate reading before this one was 10.

Back
Top Bottom