water questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joe ringbloom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have had my tank up and running since i test my water every 2 weeks do water changes every 3-4 weeks about 1o% my numbers are
ph 8.2
kh 7.9
nitrate 20
nitrite 0
amm 0
ca 500
mg 1320
salinty 1.025
temp 77.5
i use red sea coral pro salt and ro water. question does everything sound good and do i need to do water changes every 2 weeks if the readings are these numbers?

Your Nitrate should be at 0 ppm. I would do PWCs of 25 to 30 % every 2 weeks. That will take care of it, and everybody will be happier in your tank.

20 is not a bad number for Nitrates. NitrItes need to be at 0. My nitrates bounce between 10 and 20.

I would continue to do water changes every two weeks for the life of the system. It is always good to replenish the trace elements that are found in the salt mix. I have recently increased my water changes to weekly and I change as much as 40g at a time.

I think the numbers look pretty good. 20 or lower will be OK on the nitrates. Remember that 0 is the goal but not always attainable.

Back
Top Bottom