week 1 test results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TXclownin'

Aquarium Advice Regular
Amm- 1 ppm
trite- 2 ppm
trate- 20 ppm

ph- 8.0

alk- 300 ppm

hardness- 250

How far am I in the cycle? I tried my best to read the test strips......

Oh and my specific gravity was a little high at 1.026. Thinking about pulling a gallon or so out of the tank (20 gallon) and adding fresh to get that down to about 1.024.

How far am I in the cycle
hard to say. What are you using to cycle? With Ammonia and nitrite down and nitrates up I would say you are doing pretty well.
Oh and my specific gravity was a little high at 1.026. Thinking about pulling a gallon or so out of the tank (20 gallon) and adding fresh to get that down to about 1.024.
That is fine.

Im using a shrimp. Its been in for exactly one week. Id love to see the ammonia and trites dromp to zero in 7-10 days so I can get a pair of small clowns in there.

Oh and should I just go to testing every other day? I doubt ill see too much change on a test strip each day.

No need to rush things. It is very important to let both ammonia and nitrite drop to zero and stay there before adding any fish to the tank. the addition of the new livestock may cause another small spike if not properly cycled. It is really hard to play "catch up" with water parameters. I would test every two or three days. I know it is hard to look at an empty tank but wait it out.

Back
Top Bottom