Weight of Aquarium Safe for 2nd Floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooling1981

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!

I'm wanting to ensure the safety of setting up a 60 gallon aquarium on my 2nd floor (which is my main floor, living room kitchen, bathroom)

Does anyone have experience or knowledge in knowing if my floor will be able to support my aquarium safely? I'm roughly estimating that it will be about 720lbs with water, rocks, sand, and weight of tank & stand.

Thanks!
(y)

Hi everyone!

I'm wanting to ensure the safety of setting up a 60 gallon aquarium on my 2nd floor (which is my main floor, living room kitchen, bathroom)

Does anyone have experience or knowledge in knowing if my floor will be able to support my aquarium safely? I'm roughly estimating that it will be about 720lbs with water, rocks, sand, and weight of tank & stand.

Thanks!
(y)

you should be fine as your tank will be spread over several floor joists
I keep a 90 , 40 , 37 , 30 , 20 , between the weight of the tanks water sand and rock I have 2536lbs spread over 8ft of floor . a average floor in a home is rated for 6000lbs per square foot per code
you have nothing to worry about you have less than half of what I have
now if your home is built before 1970 that's another ball game

you should be fine as your tank will be spread over several floor joists
I keep a 90 , 40 , 37 , 30 , 20 , between the weight of the tanks water sand and rock I have 2536lbs spread over 8ft of floor . a average floor in a home is rated for 6000lbs per square foot per code
you have nothing to worry about you have less than half of what I have
now if your home is built before 1970 that's another ball game
This. In addition if you wanted to be 100% sure you could always look up the permits and such for your home and what the code was. But bottom line is as long as the floor is to code and you ate just doing a standard tank (not something that is like 900 gallons) you should be fine.

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom