West Coast Live Rock?? SF - Eastbay???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dinotrex

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know of a place in the bay area to buy good honest live rock?? I've been reading here and I want some live rock with "hitchhickers" in them and I'd like to make sure that the LFS didn't get to them before I purchased the liverocks.

Im in the valley and I haven't seen any rock around here that is high, already cyclyed quality. Check out Liverocks.com. A lot of us on the forum have ordered from there and are very happy. The rock has a lot of purple coraline algae and many hitchhikers. Even some you don't want in your tank. You can buy this rock and have it shipped for about the same price you would pay at the lfs for lower quality rock.

Just an estimate.

LIverocks.com 80 lbs of LR $348 total including shipping.

Lfs 80 even at $4 per lb you are looking at $320 + tax.

Check out the store in Hayward The name doesn't come to me right now but it's on Foothill about a block north of A Street

Ive heard nippon goldfish co. in san fran has some good stuff, but not sure. As far as stuff like hitchhikers I dont think youre going to get any from an lfs. I've looked at all about fish, there rock sucks. as far as anyone else, not sure. I gave up looking for live rock in stores, I'm usually not impressed with quality to price ratio.

Back
Top Bottom