wet/dry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manny09

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i was just reading some articles and i think i came into a big problem.

in my 55 gallon tank i have a wet dry filter.. if the power goes out. i wil run into big problems wont i? wont the water keep giong into the wet dry box and none of the water wil be returning to the tank due to the power loss??? is there any way to fix this problem????

Water overflows into sump from your pump putting water into your main tank. If the pump stops pumping the overflow stops draining. Your overflow may not restart (if external) due to it loosing siphon.

Just make sure you have room in your sump for some drainage from the main if the pump stops. (a few gal at most)

melev's reef goes into more detail.

but the siphen will always pump water into the wet dry ( which in under the tank in the stand) and then it will overflow??? because the pump is not pumping wwater into the main tank.

.....ok after looking at that... a hole should be drilled in the part were the water is shooting back out into the tank

Only the water above your siphon will drain down. Mine are just below the water line so it will stop pretty quick

Back
Top Bottom