What a freakin' steal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BDAWG

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm so excited I just had to tell someone, and I thought no one would appreciate it more than the good folks at AA!

The singer of my band had an Oak 55 gal with stand and hood. I decided to ask how much he wanted for it because it's just been sitting out in his garage for the longest time. Anyway, to make a long story short he ended up selling it to me for only $150!! I thought it was a good deal at first, until I got it home and cleaned it up. I then realized it was a GREAT deal! It's a beautiful tank and the wood is in great condition! I'll try to post a picture later if I can. Anyway, I just had to share this with someone. Thanks for listening.:wink:

Now...anyone have any tips on switching tanks from a 40 gal to a 55 :roll: :lol: ? This is gonna suck...

Good for you - good deals never come my way :)
I've only changed fresh tanks over, never sw, but I would put the lr in a rubbermaid with water from the tank, put the fish in another rubbermaid with water from the tank, put the substrate (if you are going to reuse it) in a rubbermaid with water from the tank. Move the new tank where you want it, and reverse the process. I think that if you are reusing the substrate and lr then you will avoid a cycle.
If I remember, it took me most of a day to change my 30 gallon over to a 55 gallon. Take your time and enjoy the new tank.

I promise it's not bad, just be prepared. Get a large plastic trash can for your water, a large tub for your rock and another for your sand. I put my fish and corals in seperate containers and have some ro and salt water ready to go, tear down your old tank and start with your new one. I bet you could do your set up in about 3-4 hours pretty easily. I just did mine in a little over 6 hours and I spent an hour at least cleaning my tank to. Sounds like you got a bargain, just do it right and dont cut any corners and presto, a new tank. Good Luck

Thanks folks, hopefully I'll get it up and running this weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have to make a few minor modifications to the tank hood so I can fit all of the hardware underneath. It will be alot of work, but it's going to look so much better than the tank I presently have, it'll be well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom