what are moon lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want moon lighting for ky 25 gallon sw tank I'm setting up and don't know what they are exactly or were I can find them for a good price. The tank is 24in long

CleverBs said:
I want moon lighting for ky 25 gallon sw tank I'm setting up and don't know what they are exactly or were I can find them for a good price. The tank is 24in long

View attachment 60358

Moon light effect by Marineland DB LED light. You can find that and many other options online.

Last edited:
Moon lights are typically blue and sometimes white low intensity LEDs used to simulate moonlight in the aquarium. Some believe that lunar lighting cycles may trigger spawning with some corals and fish. I think in practical terms for most it's just a nightlight for the aquarium to observe what all is going on when it's nighttime.

There are some add on kits for them. I have them built in on the main fixtures of my two reef tanks. Only my 37 is running at the moment and I use the moonlights to check on new fish or to observe things after I do work when the lights have been out to make sure no inhabitants are freaking out.

Moon lights are typically blue and sometimes white low intensity LEDs used to simulate moonlight in the aquarium. Some believe that lunar lighting cycles may trigger spawning with some corals and fish. I think in practical terms for most it's just a nightlight for the aquarium to observe what all is going on when it's nighttime.

There are some add on kits for them. I have them built in on the main fixtures of my two reef tanks. Only my 37 is running at the moment and I use the moonlights to check on new fish or to observe things after I do work when the lights have been out to make sure no inhabitants are freaking out.

I just want them so I can view fish at night. I'm looking for some seperate because im using a 4bulb t5ho

Back
Top Bottom