What can I add to my refugium and protein skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr. Dai Phan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Greetings all friends,

I need to make my water as clear as possible with what I have now. I am thinking of adding a canister filter in the sump area where the pumps and protein skimmer are at. The LFS has some that are rated at 55 gallon. I need some form of chemical filtration that I am lacking now. I have a Polyfiler sheet and some phosphate remover bags but I need some device where the water is forced through a media. Is the canister filter a proper choice? Thanks DP

Alot of people use them. I dont see why not. I dont use one. LR and a skimmer and a fuge should be all you need.

I have a skimmer, wet/dry, and LR but I still use the canister filter that I started fish keeping with. Its just a little cascade 750, but I have it set up in my sump.

I run a marineland hob with carbon 5 days before I do a PWC.

Why is your water not clear? I am not yet running a protein skimmer and only have two HOB filters designed for fresh water and my water is crystal.

You might have to much turbulance in the tank. Is your PH kicking up sand and stuff?

The water is not cloudy but there are lots of impurities. I have 6 PHs in my tank (three K3s and two rotating ones). I know that's a lot but I need them to avoid deadspots in the tank. DP

My return pump shuts down for an hour at night and my PH's go into nightmode to give the fish a rest period and also to let suspended particules a chance to settle.

Back
Top Bottom