what can i keep under my lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 96 watt cintic/10000k fixture with built in reflectors over my 30 gallon long, its only 18" deep. what can i keep under my lighting? it also has on powerful led bulb but i doubt that does much. Also would my light be more effective if it was directly on top of my glass top or if i use the leg braces which puts it about 3" above my top

i would not sit the fixture on the glass.
i think you should be able to keep softies and some LPS. what were you considering?

mr x why not to sit a light fix on glass just wondering because my leds and cfs are sitting on the glass i do notice when i had them mounted to the hood i had better shimmer

no acropora will live under that lighting. brain coral should though. acropora is a very high light coral.
btw, i still haven't forgotten about the starfish. i've been renovating a house i just bough though, and don't have much time these days. i'll hook you up after i get all settled in, if you are still interested.

bmw, i wouldn't put a fixture on the glass because if the glass broke due to heat, and water splashing underneath, the fixture might fall in the water.

okay well i was more intrested in brain coral anyway. and yes im still intrested wgen you get the chance. thanks

Back
Top Bottom