what corals could i get first

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kingraticus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hio new to marine fishkeeping have 190l tank with 20kg of live cured rock as i am new looking for sum hardy easy to look after corals any advice welcome

hio new to marine fishkeeping have 190l tank with 20kg of live cured rock as i am new looking for sum hardy easy to look after corals any advice welcome

This will heavily depend on your lighting. Im going to guess you have something considered to be low light since you are new. Mushrooms and zoanthids do okay under lower light. If you really want to amaze yourself and friends, get a good ($$$) light.

It will be one of the most fullfilling things you spend your money on! Nothing like seeing corals when they are thriving! The most beautiful things on earth are things that are alive...

Matt

hi i upgraded my lighting when i switched to marine so i have 6 marine white t5 tubes and 2 blue is this set up ok for most corals?

Last edited:
HO is High Output.

What are the dimensions of your tank? I would say you are fine to but in just about an coral if its around the same dimensions as the 50g over here.

Easy Low light:
zoanthids
mushrooms
xenia
toadstools/leathers

easy med/high light:
Orange/purple/green cap
Green bali slimer
pink/green birdsnest
green stylo.

Back
Top Bottom