What filter to use in my Saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kirsti

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

I am 2 months in to my first saltwater tank (26gl). I have 2 clowns and 2 damsels, 3 hermit crabs and a turbo snail. I use live sand and live rock.
I have bought a Marineland 200 Penguin filter with the bio wheel. I can not get it right. It seems to create alot of tiny small air bubbles in my tank. There is so many of them that it makes the water appear fuzzy. Does anyone know how to avoid this problem.
Thank you,

I had a marineland c220 canister filter that was always blowing micro bubbles out into the tank. It was so annoying, I ended up calling marineland and I sent it to them and they sent me a new one for free minus shipping there. Hooked up the new one and to my surprise micro bubbles again?. So I built a new stand for my tank and built my own refugium/sump and I haven't had a problem since. Those bubbles annoyed me for like 8 months. I know exactly how up feel.

I had a marineland c220 canister filter that was always blowing micro bubbles out into the tank. It was so annoying, I ended up calling marineland and I sent it to them and they sent me a new one for free minus shipping there. Hooked up the new one and to my surprise micro bubbles again?. So I built a new stand for my tank and built my own refugium/sump and I haven't had a problem since. Those bubbles annoyed me for like 8 months. I know exactly how up feel.

Thank you, I am at the point of wanting to buy a new filter. An unwanted expense.

Kristi

Back
Top Bottom