What food for invert only tank? Adding fish later.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaiden

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've just put some hermits, astrea, nassarius, and an emerald mythrax (also at least 1 of some other snail) into my mostly bare tank. I've got a couple bits of "real" LR but mostly it's cycled dry hirocks.

There are some diatoms on the sand, hair algae on the "real" rocks, but mostly the tank is bare.

I'm getting ready to get a first fish, and put it in QT, but the tank is not going to be fed for a while, and I don't want my inverts to starve

what can I feed them to keep them around? I've seen sinking hermit food, so I'm thinking that's a good place to start. Would general sinking pellets be good?

I'm planning on eventually getting: clown, jawfish, blenny, royal gramma, maybe firefish or something

what can I buy that I can use for the fish too?

Good question. I fed my Anemone frozen squid the other day and the inverts started running around like crazy looking for pieces of it. No idea if squid is good for them or not, but they sure liked eating it.

Yes sinking pellets are very good . I put them in for my angel and my hermits race for the ones she misses. :lol: The emerald crab may eat them too.
The only problem you have are the snails, they need the algae. Hopefully there is enough in there to keep them happy.

My hermits like Krill, Algae wafers, Nori sheet on a clip, Mysid Shrimp, each other.. No worries on what they'll eat.

Back
Top Bottom