What is a good type of fish food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
melosu58 said:
Try a variety. Flake, Frozen Mysis, frozen brine and small pellets.

If you could get live food its better than frozen, but its always good to have a vary in food.
There are also different flakes. I have regular reef flake and flakes with garlic.

I agree with varied foods being beneficial. As far as flake food, I like Aquadine. It's more like a sinking flake, about the thickness of a corn flake. Most stores have a serve-yourself dispenser, where you can blend together what you want. I use about 50-50 algea based to meat based. There are many different types to chose from as well.

I agree with varied foods being beneficial. As far as flake food, I like Aquadine. It's more like a sinking flake, about the thickness of a corn flake. Most stores have a serve-yourself dispenser, where you can blend together what you want. I use about 50-50 algea based to meat based. There are many different types to chose from as well.

Haven't heard of this product. The thickness of it sounds pretty good. Nice that you can create your own mixture with it too. Wish it was available out here.

AquaRick said:
Haven't heard of this product. The thickness of it sounds pretty good. Nice that you can create your own mixture with it too. Wish it was available out here.

I've used it from the start and what I like, besides mixing my own blend, is that some sinks so my bottom-dwellers get some too (fish and CUC). It doesn't sink too fast either, so the fish have time to get theirs too.

+1 on aquadine. I get the "tang blend," I can't remember what's in it right now, but all of my fish attack it. When I had a dwarf lionfish and a porcupine puffer, they would gladly eat it as readily as live foods.

Back
Top Bottom