What is a total estimate for starting a saltwater tank? With everything inclded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine wasn't impressed with aquariums since there are freshwater in her family. She came into my house for the first time and just went wow. It's a different story, saltwater is brighter with reef lighting that literally draws you in.

Mine wasn't impressed with aquariums since there are freshwater in her family. She came into my house for the first time and just went wow. It's a different story, saltwater is brighter with reef lighting that literally draws you in.

For sure my gf loves the tank but hates how much time I spend on them lol much more enjoyable

the amount you spend is directly related to how high end you want to go. Also your willingness and capability to spot a killer deal when you see it. My 125predator tank was $350 for everything (tank, stand, skimmer, ph's,etc) i spent 120 on new ph's, 150 on a new skimmer, 55 on a rufugium (20 for the parts to build it), every bit of a 1,000 on fish total. so im right around 1,575 or so.and thats not taking into account the salt, test kits, etc. just as a case point, i picked up my 72g bowfront for free from someone i ran into at the pet store (tank,stand,filtration, lighting, deco) so it really does matter how lucky you are and resourceful

the amount you spend is directly related to how high end you want to go. Also your willingness and capability to spot a killer deal when you see it. My 125predator tank was $350 for everything (tank, stand, skimmer, ph's,etc) i spent 120 on new ph's, 150 on a new skimmer, 55 on a rufugium (20 for the parts to build it), every bit of a 1,000 on fish total. so im right around 1,575 or so.and thats not taking into account the salt, test kits, etc. just as a case point, i picked up my 72g bowfront for free from someone i ran into at the pet store (tank,stand,filtration, lighting, deco) so it really does matter how lucky you are and resourceful

+1 just got 100 lbs rock for free yesterday that I met on Craigslist had to go get it but saved me over 400 bucks look around make friends and you'll get stuff for cheap or even free if you need a filter I have one

Penguin 350 bio wheel used it maybe a week and it's brand new ill charge ya zero for it pm if you want it just pay shipping I have a Heater also left over 50 watt throw that in too brand new also

I bought my 110 gal XH off Craigslist for $800. It was a running system with over 100 lbs LR, 3" coral sand bed, SRO 2000int skimmer, GFO reactor, 30 gal sump, ATO, 3 x 1400gph PH, water change transfer pump, return, digital salinity probe , remote therm, food, additives, test kit , 7 fish and a huge CUC.
The deals are out there. There's enough people giving up on saltwater so be patient.

I'm at about $400 for my 50gal FOWLR including livestock but I will still be adding more fish. I plan on spending another $75 max. I pulled this off on the cheap and so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom