What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D.Schneidt

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had this stuff growing on my rocks for about 3 or 4 weeks now, what is it?

Attachments

• image-2494126877.jpg
    image-2494126877.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 109
Like what? Over feeding?

From stuff like bad water quality a lot of phosphates and using tap water. It is really bad and u should eliminate it from ur tank right away.

Take the pice if rock out ur tank and scrub the bacteria off in a bucket of ro/di water water or aquarium water set aside or ur tank will end up looking like mines filled with nasty green algae.

My problem was that I didn't use ro/di water and my tank went through a little cycle when I added new live rock

From stuff like bad water quality a lot of phosphates and using tap water. It is really bad and u should eliminate it from ur tank right away.

Take the pice if rock out ur tank and scrub the bacteria off in a bucket of ro/di water water or aquarium water set aside or ur tank will end up looking like mines filled with nasty green algae.

My problem was that I didn't use ro/di water and my tank went through a little cycle when I added new live rock

I use rodi and have checked the quality if the rodi and it's fine

Have u checked phosphates or added anything new to ur tank like live rock or corals

Have u checked phosphates or added anything new to ur tank like live rock or corals

Checked my phosphates today and they were perfect but now that your mentioning it I started the tank with all dry rock but I did you a few pounds of live rock in the sump about the same time this started?

U would probably want too know how to get rid of it too other than scrubbing you can dose vodka
Buy a special type of hermit crab called zebra hermit crab or dwarf hermit crab I can't remember and things like cutting back on light can help killing it because it photosynthesis also the use of certain products online or at the lfs but finding the main source is the the best solution

U would probably want too know how to get rid of it too other than scrubbing you can dose vodka
Buy a special type of hermit crab called zebra hermit crab or dwarf hermit crab I can't remember and things like cutting back on light can help killing it because it photosynthesis also the use of certain products online or at the lfs but finding the main source is the the best solution

Ok thank you

Ok thank you

No prob I started out the same way because mines looked like coraline algae so I had let it grow and when I had found out wht it was I had scrubbed it off in my tank and tht just made it worst. It started growing over almost everything I had extra hermit crab shells and it started growing on tht even on my hermits tht are still alive I hear it can kill fishes and corals too but it hasn't seem to be effecting my fishes and coral but just dont give up the fight it can tank a while to kill

No prob I started out the same way because mines looked like coraline algae so I had let it grow and when I had found out wht it was I had scrubbed it off in my tank and tht just made it worst. It started growing over almost everything I had extra hermit crab shells and it started growing on tht even on my hermits tht are still alive I hear it can kill fishes and corals too but it hasn't seem to be effecting my fishes and coral but just dot give up the fight it can tank a while to kill

Yeah Im gonna jump on it and get rid of it ASAP. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom