What kind of external filter for my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badula

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi guys

i was thinking to buy a new external filter for my 360L sw aquarium
now i use jad ef-45. it says it has 1100L/h flow but the real is 600L/h:(
anyway

first i thought to buy fluval then i saw marinelands filters which are very cheap

what's your opinion?

The best thing is 1-2 lbs per gallon of lr and a skimmer. Also a PH or two to push the water around to the nitrifying bacteria that`s on the LR.

I agree with Mike...instead of an external filter, go with enough live rock to act as the filter plus a good skimmer and some powerheads for water movement.

i agree with u guys but im afraid that i asked wrong question
i tried to ask u if the marineland's external filters are better than fluval's filters

i have 35k lr two mareas 6000 and one 4000 and the skimmer i use (i know it's not the best) is berlin 350 red sea
next time ill post u some photos

if the marineland's external filters are better than fluval's filters

you're not going to get a consistent answer on that question. this is purely an opinion based question. I will tell you that I have nothing bad at all to say about any of my fluval canister filters, they're great, but I can bet somebody will tell you they're junk. Same goes for about any filter. There are a few that almost everybody will say is junk, just like anything else, but neither of those two will get that response

Back
Top Bottom